The Partnerships Hub
The Hub was developed in response to recurring requests from the veteran community for a “one stop shop” to be included in the model of care and facility design of The Jamie Larcombe Centre.
Its purpose is to provide access to services offered by ex-service organisations (ESO), to encourage ESO’s to collaborate and share expertise and resources to further meet the needs of veterans, and to provide serving and ex-serving members, their families and carers a focal point when seeking advice relating to state based support agencies and programs.
A heritage listed building adjacent to The Jamie Larcombe Centre was identified for refurbishment and repurposing as the Hub and was officially opened by the Hon Steven Marshall MP, Premier of South Australia, on the 28th March 2018.
Mrs Tricia Larcombe and The Hon Steven Marshall, Premier of South Australia open the Partnerships Hub in 2018
The Hub’s objectives are to:
• provide a welcoming environment in which veterans and their families can connect with each other and relevant service providers
• connect with ESO’s and service providers to promote the Hub as a shared resource
• facilitate activities at the Hub in support of the clinical services model in place at the JLC
• provide resources including computers, printer, internet access, learning materials and information to visitors
• collaborate with and promote allied organisations and their activities to ensure greatest visibility amongst the veteran community
• host events for external organisations in support of veterans including employment networking and training programs
• establish regular communication mechanisms and channels to inform customers and promote all activities and events within and external to The Jamie Larcombe Centre
• develop key relationships with external organisations with a view to connecting The Jamie Larcombe Centre clients and the broader veteran community with social and professional opportunities
Since opening the Hub in early 2018 a number of events and activities have been conducted including networking events, association meetings, therapy sessions and workshops. See the full list of services you can access at the Hub here.
If you would like to subscribe to the “Whats on at the Hub” notification emails, please contact the Partnerships Hub Coordinator, Justin Brown, at JLCPartnershipHub@sa.gov.au or follow The Hub on Facebook. All activities and events are also listed on our Events page (click here).