Funding can be used to implement community-based projects that support safe environments for veterans and their families while encouraging social connection and positive engagement.
Funding can be used for eligible expenses that directly relate to the coordination, management, and delivery of the project within South Australia.
To be eligible for funding, ex-service organisations must:
- be non-government, not-for-profit and
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- be established on or after 1 January 2016
- demonstrate that the majority of people assisted are from the veteran community (exclusive focus on veteran community not essential)
- provide accounts for the last two financial years (or since inception if the entity was created more recently) to demonstrate fiscal prudence and liquidity
- demonstrate commitment to program sustainability
- have met requirements for any previous grants received from Veterans SA, such as acquitting or reporting on grants.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email after submission of their application.
Stage one – Application screening
Once the round has closed, Veterans SA will screen all applications to ensure:
- the applicant and project are eligible – ineligible applicants or projects will not be progressed to assessment
- the application has been completed in full and all supporting documentation has been provided – incomplete applications may not be progressed to assessment
- the applicant does not have any outstanding obligations for previously awarded grants – applicants with outstanding obligations may not be progressed to assessment.
Stage two – Assessment against criteria
Applications that progress to stage two will be assessed on merit against the following criteria:
- community need, purpose and outcomes
- connection to the wider community
- value for money
- organisational capacity
- financial need.
At any stage during the process, applicants may be contacted for clarification.
Successful applicants will be notified in writing and funding allocated before 30 June 2022 for projects to be delivered within 12 months.