Cheer Up Hut Club Opening Soon
Friday 13 November, 2015
The Cheer-Up Hut Club is an on-line storytelling club. It has been designed specifically with first time biographers and amateur writers and digital storytellers in mind. Many of the materials that will be provided have been produced in collaboration with our key project partners, the RSL Virtual War Memorial.
We are working closely with Local Government, State Library, History SA, Australian Institute of Professional Photographers, Country Arts SA, Country Women’s Association, Barossa Light Horse Association, and with RSL SA and Legacy Adelaide whose members and affiliate members are our main focus for sourcing Anzac stories throughout this period of national reflection.
There is no better time than now to record South Australia’s Anzac Centenary stories for future generations. We know many of you have already undertaken considerable research into your family members, which is why we’ve provided this central repository working hand in glove with you and your community to create a state wide Anzac Story that will be unique to South Australia.
Joining the Cheer Up Hut Club means you will be guided through a researching and writing process with rewards along the way. Joining the Cheer Up Hut Club offer you a step by step process for how best to produce a story of which you and your family and community can all be proud; one that will become part of the state’s Anzac Centenary Time Capsule. Membership will also ensure that the service stories of your relatives who gave their lives for Australia are captured on the RSL Virtual War Memorial, with whom we are working very closely.
You may also be interested in embellishing your story for entry into the Anzac Centenary Short Film Competition, which will open in April next year. You can find out more about this here.
Below is a list of Cheer-Up Hut Club Member Benefits:
- You receive a Digital Cheer-Up Hut Club Welcome Pack, including your unique log in and Cheer-Up Hut Kit, to which we will add content regularly via your membership.
- Notification re opportunities to be a Cheer-Up Hut Volunteer for special events.
- Membership of the exclusive Cheer-Up Hut Facebook group where you can share stories, research tips and plot your progress.
- Assistance to re-imagine your story in enhanced digital form and enter it into the Anzac Centenary Short Film Competition.
- Earn Club points by introducing a friend, sourcing a former Cheer Up Society member, or adopting a South Australian Digger, making you eligible for special Club Member rewards.
Opt-in to subscribe to the weekly Anzac Centenary Enews and/or Upcoming Events E-news and/or the Anzac Centenary Think Piece series where you can join the state’s Anzac Centenary conversation.
Membership to the Cheer-Up Hut Club will open shortly. Express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning the Anzac Centenary Coordination Unit on 8226 8544.
Read about the Cheer Up Hut regional re-creations here.