Veterans SA was established in April 2008 by the South Australian State Government to provide support to the Minister for Veterans’ Affairs and the veteran community.
The agency sits within Defence SA within the South Australian State Government.
Veterans SA works closely with the Veterans’ Advisory Council to provide advice to the Premier about matters relating to South Australia’s veteran community.
The veteran community in South Australia includes:
- Veterans and their partners, families and carers
- Ex-service organisations
- Australian Defence Force personnel
- war widows and widowers
- students, teachers and historians.
Services provided by Veterans SA
Veterans SA promotes Australia’s wartime history and the significance of national events such as Anzac Day, Remembrance Day and Vietnam Veterans Day. We support the special needs of the veteran community resulting from the unique nature of military service. In 2012 with input from the Veterans’ Advisory Council and from the veteran community South Australia’s Charter for Veterans was devised.
Veterans SA is also responsible for:
- promoting the well being of all members of the veteran community in South Australia
- encouraging co-operation across all ex-service organisations in South Australia
- providing the link for the veteran community to communicate directly to the highest levels of state government
- monitoring and providing advice about matters relating to recognition and commemoration of the service of veterans.
Download a pdf version by clicking on the link below:
South Australian Veterans Charter
Download a PDF version of the ANZAC Centenary Commemorative Calendar below:
2015 ANZAC Commemorative Calendar
2016 ANZAC Commemorative Calendar
2017 ANZAC Commemorative Calendar
2018 ANZAC Commemorative Calendar
2019 ANZAC Commemorative Calendar