Cancelled: Enterprise for Veterans: May 2020 Bootcamp
Tuesday 12 - Friday 15 May, 2020
Please note this event has been cancelled.
After extensive consultation with the veteran community, and in partnership with DeakinCo, The Princes Trust Australia is pleased to launch their Enterprise for Veterans program in South Australia in 2020.
Designed to be flexible and accessible, the boot camp aims to inspire and enhance veterans’ entrepreneurial mindsets, skills and networks. Participants will explore self-employment through the lens of ten enterprise skills, including: problem solving; critical thinking; innovation; digital literacy; communication; self-management; and teamwork.
The boot camp is:
- An experience based, learn by doing immersive
- Participants work in small teams over four days to solve a growth opportunity for a real social enterprise, not for profit, or veteran-owned business
- Framed by ten enterprise skills, the immersive blends design thinking, business model canvas and start-up methodology in a ‘just in time’ approach
- Reflective learning, supporting participants to apply these methodologies to their own business idea and reframe existing skills sets to self-employment
- Transitioning defence personnel, veterans & family members of current or former serving members at any stage of their self-employment journey are welcome to apply here.
For more information email email@example.com or visit www.princes-trust.org.au
About The Prince’s Trust Australia: The Prince’s Trust Australia provides a coordinating presence for the charitable endeavours of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales in Australia. The Prince’s Trust Australia supports the development and delivery of innovative, high impact projects across three focus areas: Young People, Sustainable Communities, and Defence Members & Their Families. Visit: www.princes-trust.org.au.
Enterprise for Veterans: Our vision is to support veterans and their families with the confidence, skills and networks they need to explore self-employment and transform their own lives through participant-led programs.