Organisations are eligible to apply if they are:
- an incorporated organisation established for the purpose of helping or supporting, or having a membership consisting of or including, veterans or dependants of veterans. This includes ex-service organisations.
- a local government authority, a school, or an incorporated not-for-profit organisation.
In addition, applicant organisations must:
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have met requirements for any previous grants received from Veterans SA, such as acquitting or reporting on grants.
Organisations not meeting these requirements, such as unincorporated organisations, may partner with a lead applicant that meets eligibility requirements.
Applications must be authorised by an appropriate executive member of the organisation. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
An applicant may only submit one application (unless submitting as an auspice organisation). Should an applicant submit two or more applications, all those applications may be deemed ineligible.
Applicants will receive a confirmation that their application has been received via email.
Stage one – Application screening
- the applicant and project are eligible – ineligible applicants or projects will not be progressed to assessment
- the application has been completed in full and all supporting documentation has been provided – incomplete applications may not be progressed to assessment
- the applicant does not have any outstanding obligations for previously awarded grants – applicants with outstanding obligations may not be progressed further.
Stage two – Assessment against criteria
Applications that progress to stage two will be assessed on merit against the following criteria:
- project planning and impact
- value for money
- contribution to the community
- addressing an identified need
- organisational capacity.
Applicants may be contacted at any stage during the process if clarification is required.