2019 Veterans’ Information Day
Friday 01 November, 2019
8.30am - 4.00pm
Torrens Parade Ground
08 8226 8543
The Government of South Australia and Veterans SA is pleased to be presenting the 2019 Veterans’ Information Day on Friday November 1st, 2019.
The program for the day includes:
- 8.30am – 11.00am – SA Veterans’ Employment Program Public Launch (Presented by the Defence Teaming Centre)
- The South Australian Veterans’ Employment Initiative is about making our veterans’ transition from the Australian Defence Force into Defence Industry as seamless as possible. The initiative recognises the unique high level skills and experience our veterans have and links them with job opportunities being offered within South Australia’s Defence Industry. Join us to publically launch the program, learn more about the Veterans Employment Program and meet our Industry Partners and service providers. The launch will also incorporate a presentation by The Princes Trust Australia.
- 11.15am – 12.00pm – Veterans’ Mental Health Seminar (Presented by the Phoenix Australia Centre for Post-traumatic Mental Health)
- This session will provide an overview of the work of the Centenary of Anzac Centre established by Phoenix Australia in 2017 with funding from DVA. The aim of the Anzac Centre is to improve mental health outcomes for veterans and their family members by advancing research into innovative treatments and providing expert multidisciplinary support and guidance to clinicians, ESO’s and other service agencies who are assisting veterans to manage their mental health and wellbeing.
- 12.45pm – 1.30pm – Financial Security and Superannuation Seminar (Presented by the Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation)
- The team at Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation will be providing general financial and superannuation information to further educate the veteran community. Topics such as how much superannuation you need in retirement and specialist claims advice will be presented and there will be an opportunity for attendees to ask questions and seek personal advice following the presentation.
- 1.30pm – 2.40pm – The Partnerships Hub Feedback Forum (Presented by Veterans SA)
- Over the first 18+ months since the opening of The Partnerships Hub a number of programs have been developed and services have been implemented to benefit the veteran community. This forum will provide an opportunity to reflect on the successes of The Partnerships Hub, as well as to provide feedback that will assist in strategic planning for the future of The Partnerships Hub.
- 2.55pm – 4.00pm – Premier’s Town Hall Meeting (Presented by Veterans SA)
- Following the success of last year’s meeting, the Hon. Steven Marshall, Premier of South Australia and Minister for Veterans’ Affairs in South Australia, will update the community on the progress of policy commitments relating to the Veterans’ Affairs portfolio, as well as discuss any matters affecting the veteran community.
We are pleased to advise that lunch and refreshments will be provided for $5 per person (optional, to be paid in cash at the event). All proceeds from lunch will go to Operation K9.
This event is open for registration to all current and ex-serving ADF personnel, families and carers, ex-service organisations and anyone who has an interest in the veteran community. Attendees can opt to attend some or all events throughout the day.
Register here: https://2019veteransinformationday.eventbrite.com.au
For updates on this event, please sign up to our alert emails.
Please email email@example.com or call 08 8226 8543 with any queries.