PVC – Lower South East Advocacy Outreach Visit
Thursday 28 February, 2019
Mt Gambier RSL
0417 821 439
The Plympton Veterans Centre is a not for profit, non-government voluntary organisation committed to giving free assistance, advice and referrals to the serving and ex-service veteran community.
All of our Advocates are Volunteers, ESO endorsed and accredited under the DVA’s newly implemented Advocacy Training and Development Program (ATDP).
A Compensation and Welfare Advocate will each be available for appointments.
The services offered by the Plympton Veterans Centre include:
- Assistance and advice in the preparation of Primary Claims and applications for increased benefits under the VEA and MRCA/DRCA;
- Advice on applications for the review of decisions made under the VEA;
- Preparation and presentation of cases for review to the Repatriation Commission;
- Preparation and presentation of cases for reconsideration under MRCA/DRCA;
- Preparation and presentation of cases appealing Section 31 decisions for hearing to the Veterans’ Review Board (VRB);
- Welfare continues to be a large part of services delivered by PVC. Services have included Suicide Assist, Homelessness, Food Vouchers, Family Support, Widows, Aged Care Placement, Bereavement, Income Support and assisting those involved in the Defence Abuse Reparation Scheme
One Hour Individual Appointments Available:
28/2/2019 – 1.00pm to 5.00pm, Mt Gambier RSL
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 0417821439 for appointment.
28/2/2019– 7.00pm to 9.00pm, Mt Gambier RSL
Presentation on the current claims processes, recent changes affecting veterans and their families and the importance of effective advocacy.
PVC Lower South East Outreach Visit Flyer