Grants are available for projects or initiatives that are aimed at building capacity, knowledge and skills within the community, but do not create an ongoing need for funding.
Funding can be used for eligible expenses that directly relate to coordination, management and delivery of the project within South Australia.
Organisations are eligible to apply if they are:
- Non-government, not-for-profit and
- incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985; or
- a Statutory Authority established through an Act; or
- registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission.
- registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission with a comparable legal status
In addition, applicant organisations must:
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- have met requirements for any previous grants received from Veterans SA, such as acquitting or reporting on grants.
Organisations not meeting these requirements, such as unincorporated organisations, may partner with a lead applicant which meets eligibility requirements.
Applications must be authorised by an appropriate executive member of the organisation. Incomplete applications may not be accepted.
Applicants will receive a confirmation email after submission of their application.
Stage one – Application screening
Veterans SA will screen all applications as they are received to ensure:
- the applicant and project are eligible – ineligible applicants or projects will not be progressed to assessment
- the application has been completed in full and all supporting documentation has been provided – incomplete applications may not be progressed to assessment
- the applicant does not have any outstanding obligations for previously awarded grants – applicants with outstanding obligations may not be progressed to assessment.
Stage two – Assessment against criteria
Applications that progress to stage two will be assessed on merit against the following criteria:
- community need, purpose and outcomes
- connection to the wider community
- value for money
- organisational capacity
- financial need.
At any stage during the process, applicants may be contacted for clarification.