Funding can be used for eligible expenses that directly relate to coordination, management and delivery of commemorative services within South Australia.
To be eligible for funding, ex-service organisations must:
- be non-government, not-for-profit and
- incorporated under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985, or
- an Australian Public Company Limited by Guarantee under the Corporations Act 2001, or
- a Statutory Authority established through an Act, or
- registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission with a comparable legal status
- have a registered Australian Business Number (ABN)
- provide satisfactory evidence that their core purpose is to deliver initiatives, services or support for the South Australian veteran community
- be based in South Australia.
In addition, the following criteria apply:
- applicant organisations must have met requirements for any previous grants received from Veterans SA, such as acquitting or reporting on grants
- organisations not meeting these requirements, such as unincorporated organisations, may partner with a lead applicant which meets eligibility requirements
- applications must be authorised by an appropriate executive member of the organisation
- an applicant may only submit one application.
After you submit an application you will receive a receipt of your application via email.
Stage one – Application screening
Veterans SA will screen all applications as they are received to ensure:
- the applicant and project are eligible – ineligible applicants or projects will not be progressed to assessment
- the application has been completed in full and all supporting documentation has been provided – incomplete applications may not be progressed further
- the applicant does not have any outstanding obligations for previously awarded grants – applicants with outstanding obligations may not be progressed further.
Stage two – Assessment against criteria
Applications that progress to stage two will be assessed on merit against the following criteria:
- community need, purpose and outcomes
- connection to the wider community
- value for money
- organisational capacity
- financial need.
At any stage during the process, applicants may be contacted for clarification.