Torrens Training Depot Drill Hall Amenities Upgrade Project
The Department for Environment and Water (DEW) will shortly commencing an amenities upgrade project to enable the Premier’s vision for creating a busy hub for ex-service organisations at the Torrens Parade Ground.
- the installation of a dividing operable wall into the Drill Hall to provide an additional event space;
- creation of two storage pods at either end of the Drill Hall to house loose furniture and equipment;
- additional toilets to the northern end of the building;
- the transformation of the kitchen at the northern end (currently used by the History Trust) in to a shared space; and
- modification of the benches in the southern kitchen to provide room for a larger fridge.
Stage 1 work (storage pods) is due to start early September and is anticipated to be completed by mid-October.
Stage 2 (northern end kitchen, bathrooms and operable wall) are due to be completed between the end of October and January 2022.
Existing event bookings by veteran groups for the Drill Hall will be worked around by the contractors and DEW so that they are not impacted.